Jenipher introduced Rui and I to avocados smothered in honey, or you could drown them if you wanted. The honey just melts and each spoon was creamy, then sweet, then creamy, and then sweet again.
Well what happens when you buy a whole sac of avocados? They ripen faster than we could eat them with honey.
I guess I could have used them for guacamole, spread on sandwiches, or even in milkshakes…
BUT…..why not in Scones?
and blue cheese! (I know some of you are cringing)
*Recipe adapted from Created by Diane.
2 cups whole wheat flour
2.5 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup whole flax seeds
1/2 cup Avocado – I used a soft one. Anyone want to try using a harder Avocado?
1/2 cup English Royal Stilton Cheese, crumbled (I would choose a sharper blue cheese)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh curled parsley
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/4 cup buttermilk
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flax seeds
- Add the avocado and cut it into the dry ingredients using a pastry cutter until the consistency of small beads
- Add the cheese and cut the cheese into the mixture
- Add the parsley, green onion, eggs and buttermilk
- Place on baking sheet . Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Do not over bake.